Use two databases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use two databases

My host has recently been having issues with their mysql database causing downtime or slowness of anything on my site that uses their databases.

What I would like to do is setup a database on one of my local computers. However the tricky part is I want to still use the database on my hosts server as my network isn't always up and I wouldn't consider it reliable.

So essentially I want the database on my network and the database on my hosts network to by synced but I want it so if one is down it just uses the other and updates the one that was down as soon as possible.

Is this possible with vbulletins master slave configuration or do I need to dig into mysql configuration?
    Xbox Live teams.com

No, vBulletins master/slave configuration is meant for load balancing, but requires both databases to be available.

You'd have to look into some sort of mirroring solution.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Hmmm ok. Well apparently my host has fixed the issue (so they say anyways) I do have two databases hosted by them chances are if one of them are up the other would be as well.

So if I wanted to take advantage of the load balancing with the master slave setup could I just add my second database into the slave slot? Or do I need to go grab backup of the master database and import it into the one I would use as a slave first? And would the benefits be worth the work?
      Xbox Live teams.com

Comment

Unless you have a very active forum, I don't think the benifits would be worth it.

You would also have to set something up to mirror those two databases to eachother automatically.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Working...
        X