Open "User Profile" in new window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open "User Profile" in new window

When clicking on a user, I want their profile open up in a new window.

How do I do this? (3.5.3)

Thanks.

Which link exactly? There are several profile links.

Comment

1. When clicking on a members name in a thread, then clicking on drop down menu "View Public Profile".

2. In the "What's going on" box on main page.

Many thanks.

Comment

1. You would have to edit the postbit or postbit_legacy templates depending upon which you use on your forum. Scroll down to the very bottom and dig around in the popup menu code.

2. Unfortunately, $activemembers is set by the script and not via any userbit or other template so you would have to modify the code to make the Who's Online links open in a separate window.

Comment

Thanks for the help feldon. I'll probably leave it as it is, I don't want to "mess around" with code etc.

Comment

Actually in Firefox, even if I want to open a user's Profile in a separate window, it's difficult.

I click on the username and get the popup menu, and try to Ctrl- or Shift-click on 'View Public Profile' but it does bupkis. I have to right-click and pick 'Open Link in New Window' or 'Open Link in New Tab'.

Comment

Originally posted by Helen View Post
              When clicking on a user, I want their profile open up in a new window.

How do I do this? (3.5.3)

Thanks.
              I just got this to work.
              1. Go to Control Panel under Styles and templates
              2. click on Style manager
              3. Click on the "Expand Templates" button << >> to the right of the GO button.
              4. Scroll down to "Postbit templates" and double-click on it to expand them
              5. Double-slick on "postbit" to view the code for that template
              6. Near the bottom, find the line of code containing $vbphrase[view_public_profile]
              7. Add target="_blank" to the href as show below.

BEFORE ("View Public Profile" opens in same window)
              Code:
                  <if condition="$show['profile']">
                      <tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="member.php?$session[sessionurl]u=$post[userid]">$vbphrase[view_public_profile]</a></td></tr>
                  </if>
              AFTER ("View Public Profile" opens in new window)
              Code:
                  <if condition="$show['profile']">
                      <tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="member.php?$session[sessionurl]u=$post[userid]" target="_blank">$vbphrase[view_public_profile]</a></td></tr>
                  </if>
              Hope that helps.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X