Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOok
    replied
    I did this, and I, that admin, still get that error when trying to fiew the forum although I can go to the recent threads from our portal page just not the main forum page..... I added myself to the registered users too.

N

Leave a comment:

• awp
    replied
    wow. worked like a charm, though here is the thing, i added another skin and at the buttom when i am loged in with that imported user, even those that new uploaded skin is selected, its still showing the default vb skin,?

thanks again

Leave a comment:

• awp
    replied
    ok i am home now. let me chek it out so basicly if i do have a custom box, that means i have to delete it which will lead to all users moving to the defult box...

ok ill give u the result in few mins.

thanks again for ur time,

Leave a comment:

• Bob Isaac
    replied
    Admin CP > Usergroups > Usergroup Manager.

You then get a page that will show 1 or 2 boxes. The first will be 'Default Usergroups', as in my attachment in my last post. Do you also have another box under that with the title 'Custom Usergroups', again as in my previous attachment.

During import users will usually be placed in various categories in the 'Custom Usergroups' box. By deleting each usergroup in the 'Custom Usergroups' box they will be automatically moved to 'Registered Users' in the 'Default Usergroups' box, except admin and moderators who will be moved to those similar groups in 'Default Usergroups'.

You will then have only the 1 'Default Usergroups' box. Click the 'Go' button along side each group to access the menu to set permissions for that group.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• awp
    replied
    hey ...
    Default and Custom? now would i check them being defult and custom in admin panel or in the database?

hmm i kinda didnt get exatly what you meant?

i am actualy at work and will be off within next 20 min and get home within next 45mins so ill try it out all at home.

but i am kinda new so if you could give me a simpler walkthru...
    thanks a bunch.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Isaac
    replied
    After you finished the import did you have two types of usergoups - Default and Custom? If you have Custom then by deleting each one at a time the users in that custom group will be transferred to Registered Users in the Default group. Then click on the 'Go' button alongside each usergroup to edit that group and check the permissions.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• awp
    replied
    wow, finaly someone answered

let me try that out, though when i imported the database over i had no groups. and if everything was fine over at the groups, what would be my next step?

thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Isaac
    replied
    Have you checked permissions in usergroup manager.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• awp
    replied
    guy i could really use some help here.....hello

Leave a comment:

• awp
    started a topic user permission probleme

user permission probleme

hey guys. i am sorry if i am asking this questions second time. though it seems like no one could help me there. i purchased vb few nights ago, installed it and everything went smooth. after that i imported my phpbb database using impex and that went smooth as well. how ever, after updateing the counters and all those post import things, when i login to the board with one of those imported usernames, it is giving me the following message.

HTML Code:
    sec245, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account
    </OL>i do have about 600 users, so could you guys instruct me on whats the probleme here and how would I fix it?
    oh, not to forget, i did sit the permession on all the forums, to view, read and post for all registered users.

thanks in advance.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X