Edited by ... message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edited by ... message

We have a 5 minutes time limit to allow users editing their posts without showing the "Edited by ..." below the post.
    This works fine so far, but if a message, posted by User "A", gets edited by a mod or admin "B" within the time limit, the message doesn't show.

Is this working as designed or probably a bug, because mod/admin edits should always show this note (if the usergroup options say so), regardless of the time limit?

I just tested this. That is the normal behavior. Any edits within 5 minutes, regardless of the user, will not show a message.

Comment

Thanks for checking.
      Wouldn't it make sense to change this function slightly to show mod/admin message edits regardless of the time limit (according to the usergroup setting)?

Comment

Originally posted by Jupp
        Thanks for checking.
        Wouldn't it make sense to change this function slightly to show mod/admin message edits regardless of the time limit (according to the usergroup setting)?
        I am in favour of this,

we have a 15 min time limit but we allow our moderators to edit messages, I would love to see the edited by message if a user other than the poster has edited the message under the set time limit.

Just means that I dont need to check the "Edit Thread log" or "Mod Log" method of staff changes.

Comment

If you post this in the suggestions forum then the devs will consider it.

Also, you might be able to change this with a plugin. I recommend you post on www.vbulletin.org about that.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X