Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fatal Error: I cant log in to Admin or Forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatal Error: I cant log in to Admin or Forum?

Hi,

This morning when I woke up and tried to log in I couldnt. Both the AdminCP and the Forum itself.

Here is the message I get:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/jeffsmit/public_html/forum/includes/functions_login.php on line 170

I havent installed any plug-ins, but I did try to install a different script on my server but none of those folders look like they had anything in common with vB, other than the fact there was an install forlder and an includes sub-folder. I have deleted the script I uploaded and am now scratching my head because it still wont let me log in with out displaying the error message.

If anyone has an idea as to how to trouble shoot this I would really like to hear all about it.

Thanx,

Reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Just found out that my members are able to log in, should I still re-upload or is this a sign of something more serious like being hacked?

Thanks Steve.

Comment

Nevermind Steve,

I got it back up and running, just needed to re-install the functions_login.php file, thank god for that.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X