How Do i use user reputation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do i use user reputation?

Is there a users guide for the reputation system?

I'm asking because i can't change a users reputation. I've set minreputationcount to 1 and increased one users reputation three times, i can see them in the reputation comments in admincp but the user still has 0 in reputation, the whole reputation thing is very confusing even though i've read the administrators manual.

edit: how do i change the quote limit? i couldn't find this in the admin documentation either, i want the users to be able to quote more than one post in their posts
    Last edited by swehack; Tue 3 Jan '06, 5:25am.

Maybe this problem? Otherwise I will have to take a look (send me a PM with a URL and admin login to your forum).

There is no quote limit. You can use as many quote tags as you want.

Comment

i meant quotes inside other quotes, my forum is imported from a phpbb forum and users have been quoting eachother a lot, for example one user could quote another user quoting a third user, when quoting someone who has two or more nested quotes only the last quote is quoted in the reply form

i have recaluclated all the user reputations but after that i have not had time to test them, thank you

maybe i can ask another question so i don't start a new thread, my moderators are scared of the last menu in the modcp, it allows them to delete all posts in all the forums they moderate with some simple clicks and i understand them so i'd like to remove this last menu or maybe not allow it for moderators, only for administrators

Comment

It looks like changing the automatic quoting mechanism requires modifying the files. Or you might be able to use a plugin. For help with this I recommend you post on www.vbulletin.org.

For regular forum moderators, you can restrict permissions in your:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager

Select the moderator's name from the menus on the right.

Super moderators have all moderator permissions... there is no way to restrict a super moderator.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X