Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Combs
    replied
    maybe some files got corrupted during placement on the new server, do like Jake and upload the files again.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    It's a white screen with nothing on it? Do you have this problem on the default style? Try reuploading the original PHP files and disabling any plugins.

Leave a comment:

• Eric Holtman
    started a topic Moved Servers - Now posts don't show.

Moved Servers - Now posts don't show.

I want to move my vbulletin installation from one domain to another, different hosting services, different mysql servers, the works.

I've installed a couple of programs and packages, and have tons of smilies and avatars, etc, which I don't want to lose/reinstall. So.....

I copied the /forums/ directory tree from one server to another. No problem.

I dumped the database (using the VBulletin control panel admin function, since I do not have telnet access to the old server (one of the reasons for moving!!). I copied the .sql file to the new machine, and ran it through mysql into my new database. No problem.

I editted my config.php file to point to the new mysql. No problem.

I fired up the new URL, and the homepage of my board came right up. No problem.

Sigh. Now for the problem.

I can see the home page.

I can go into any forum, and see the posts.

If I try to pull up an individual post, all I get is a blank screen.

BIG PROBLEM.

Any clues? If I *have* to actually install vbulletin on the new server and start from scratch, I could do that, but that's going to suck for re-installing icons and avatars and such. I was hoping to just be able to **move** everything.

Sigh again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, and Happy New Year.

Eric
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X