Plugin/Product disabled everything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugin/Product disabled everything

I was adding a plugin/product (phpAdsNew) from vb.org and everything went smoothly. In reading posts about fixes I made a change to the product which seems to have completly disbaled vb both forums and acp sides.

What I am getting:
    Code:
    Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_STRING' or `T_VARIABLE' or `T_NUM_STRING' in /usr/local/pwrhouse/htdocs/hostboard/forums/includes/init.php(292) : eval()'d code on line 122

Unable to add cookies, header already sent. File: N/A Line: 0
    What I need to know is what I need to manualy edit to disable this section of plugin or if there is something else i need to look at.

I do not see why a plugin should be able to completly thrash a site if something goes wrong. Maybe there should be a absolute option that will get you in "saf mode" with nothing enabled.

You can upload tools.php from the do_not_upload folder in your vB distribution to your admincp directory. Run it from your browser and select to disable the plugin system.

MAke sure you remove tools.php when finished.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Ok uploaded file and got in but there is no option to turn off the plugin system.

Help....

Comment

Oops sorry, my mistake it is not in the current version of tools.php yet.

Instead, edit your ./includes/config.php and add the following line (remove to activate plugin system again):
        PHP Code:
        define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Are we having fun yet? Laff...

Strike 3

Add to end of file with comment noting what it is doing and got:

Code:
          Parse error: parse error in /usr/local/path/to/forums/includes/config.php on line 152

Configuration: includes/config.php exists, but is not in the 3.5 format. Please convert your config file via the new config.php.new.

Comment

I should write my instructions clearer. You can place that line anywhere on a new line, as long as it is placed somehwere between the first line (<?php) and the last line (?>).

I expect you placed it after the last line now. If this is not the case, what editor have you been using?

Comment

Definitly placed in between. It was right above the downloaded comment/remark. Running RH Linux and I use pico as my editor.

Thanx for the prompt replies!

Comment

What is around line 152 in your config.php?

Comment

Here is the last section of the config.php

Code:
                  // ****** The following options are only needed in special cases ******
                          //      ****** MySQLI OPTIONS *****
                          // When using MySQL 4.1+, MySQLi should be used to connect to the database.
                          // If you need to set the default connection charset because your database
                          // is using a charset other than latin1, you can set the charset here.
                          // If you don't set the charset to be the same as your database, you
                          // may receive collation errors.  Ignore this setting unless unless you
                          // are sure you need to use it.
                  // $config['Mysqli']['charset'] = 'utf8';
                          //      Optionally, PHP can be instructed to set connection paramaters by reading from the
                          //      file named in 'ini_file'. Please use a full path to the file.
                          //      Example:
                          //      $config['Mysqli']['ini_file'] = 'c:\program files\MySQL\MySQL Server 4.1\my.ini';
                  $config['Mysqli']['ini_file'] = '';

/*======================================================================*\
                  ####################################################################
                  || # Downloaded: 17:22, Thu Nov 17th 2005
                  || # CVS: $RCSfile: config.php.new,v $ - $Revision: 1.31 $
                  || ####################################################################
                  \*======================================================================*/
                  ?>

Comment

Please also post the first few lines where you have putted the new line.

Comment

Here:

Code:
                      $config['Mysqli']['ini_file'] = '';

I placed the code here

/*======================================================================*

Comment

You are missing the original first line:
                        PHP Code:
                        <?php

Comment

The snipet of code was from the bottom of the file. Here is the top of the config file:

Code:
                          <?php
                          /*======================================================================*\
                          || #################################################################### ||
                          || # vBulletin 3.5.1 - Licence Number (removed)
                          The file is stock, unaltered. I only added what was asked then removed it.
                          Last edited by 1QuickSI; Fri 30 Dec '05, 12:44pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X