Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Database error Getting 700+ Error emails...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zachery
    replied
    The only reason you'd get an email like that is if there was a problem. Sounds like you might have come under some sort of attack.

Leave a comment:

• blade_922
    replied
    Ok now i have recieved in excess of 15,000 error emails to my gmail account over the past 12 hours and still going with that error.

This is the error i am still now

Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect(): User gtcave_bladevids has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections
    /home/gtcave/public_html/pspcave/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 273

Ok the thing is User gtcave_bladevids no longer exists for that database as i removed that user totally and even deleted it permanantly. And i made another user gtcave_pspcave the the username for access to the database and changed it in config.php

And the emails are still coming. My host says everything is fine from there end. Now the problem is these damn emails. I am recieving about 100 every MINUTE. They are driving me crazy.

This must be a bug in the vbulletin script somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• raxafarian
    replied
    have them make sure the /tmp directory on the server is not full (or maybe it was full and when emptied they deleted the mysql.sock symlink).

I'd have to believe a host would notice this...but if you are the only msql site maybe not (non php/mysql sites will work fine).

Leave a comment:

• blade_922
    started a topic Database error Getting 700+ Error emails...

Database error Getting 700+ Error emails...

I have recieved over 700+ emails today alone and still counting via my forum with these 2 errors

mysql_connect(): User gtcave_bladevids has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

and

mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11)

Why is this?

Its driving me crazy?

I Run the latest Vbulletin 3.5.2

Never had this problem before.
    Just started getting them today and my forums been running for months.

I also checked that config.php file or whatever for the connections and it was set to 0
    So any ideas?

I contacted my host and they said that its a script error and they will suspend my account unless its sorted asap.
    Last edited by blade_922; Thu 29 Dec '05, 3:10pm.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X