Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr GRiM
    replied
    Honestly I have vBulletin for a few weeks now and it's crap like this that really gets to me, I expected more out of paid forum software, I came from using phpBB for a couple of years and I really am starting regret the move, wish I had just kept my money and my old site, I have only been live on the new site for the last few days and I am missing my old site already , I don't like the layouts, the admin panel is a nightmare and so un user friendly it's not funny, all the premium paid skins are boring and the modding capabilities are nothing compared to phpBB and just a few mod scripts on vBulletin seems to send memory and CPU usage through the roof.

Not to mention how poorly Impex is for doing a transfer of phpBB and how little support there seems to be for it, the phpBB files inside the impex installer are dated 2007 and it doesn't even work with the latest mysql version without a bit of editing, I am still manually downloading attachments from the old site and upping them to the new one, plus it broke all the bbcode in the posts and added strange numbers to them all so even if I add the custom bbcode back in I still have to go and edit every post thats messed up, I have 40 thousand posts and 15 thousand attachments so it's been a real nightmare for me and the rest of the team trying to get things going the way we want.

Tbh I don't think it will ever be the way I want it, I think VB is totally over rated, has poor support and a total waste of money.

Why should I have to muck around editing templates for options that should have been available in the ACP or the UserCP by default.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    The quick edit feature doesn't have the options of the advanced editor. That is intentional because it is supposed to be quick. Users need to go to the advanced editor if they want to customize those options.

Leave a comment:

• fracture
    replied
    Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
    The box isn't unchecked by default? Note that this will only affect new posts.
    AAAhh thats why the quick edit makes them a live link, makes sense.

No way to fix the quick edit??

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    The box isn't unchecked by default? Note that this will only affect new posts.

Leave a comment:

• fracture
    replied
    Jake I did the replace to editpost, newreply and newthread, that didn't solve the problem.

I'm just wondering if its from the implex import thats got it screwed up.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    It's there. Copied from the default newreply template:

Code:
    						<div><label for="cb_parseurl"><input type="checkbox" name="parseurl" value="1" id="cb_parseurl" tabindex="1" $checked[parseurl] />$vbphrase[automatically_parse_links_in_text]</label></div>

Leave a comment:

• Kwak
    replied
    Originally posted by Jake Bunce
    Strange, in that thread, the codes do not appear in the reply thread in v3.5.4.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Originally posted by rnmcd
    What is the purpose/difference between "Automatically parse links in text" vs. the "Insert Link" and "Remove Link" icons?

If a user wanted their link to be clickable wouldn't they choose "Insert Link"?

If they did, does it matter if "Automatically parse links in text" is checked?
    They are the same thing. One is not necessarily needed if you use the other.

Leave a comment:

• rnmcd
    replied
    What is the purpose/difference between "Automatically parse links in text" vs. the "Insert Link" and "Remove Link" icons?

If a user wanted their link to be clickable wouldn't they choose "Insert Link"?

If they did, does it matter if "Automatically parse links in text" is checked?

I'm gonna try it here:
    http://www.domain.com

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    It seems like that option (to automatically parse links in text) should be something the Admin should decide on a global or per forum basis.

Is there a way to not have the option to even display as a Miscellaneous Option? I see that the box can be set to be unchecked but I am wondering if the option can be removed all together. Some of my board members know even less than I do so I can only wonder what they think "parse" means.

thanks.
    Well, you could go into the Languages & Phrases system and change the text from "Automatically parse links in text" to something human-readable like "Automatically make website links clickable."

Or you can edit the newreply template and remove that option altogether from the form.

Leave a comment:

• diepolder5
    replied
    I was looking for something else and found this. It works great. Thanks for all the work that goes on in here to make my life eaiser. Thanks again to the team and all the members.

Leave a comment:

• rnmcd
    replied
    It seems like that option (to automatically parse links in text) should be something the Admin should decide on a global or per forum basis.

Is there a way to not have the option to even display as a Miscellaneous Option? I see that the box can be set to be unchecked but I am wondering if the option can be removed all together. Some of my board members know even less than I do so I can only wonder what they think "parse" means.

thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    What does it mean to "Automatically parse links in text"?
    www.domain.com automatically becomes www.domain.com

Leave a comment:

• rnmcd
    replied
    What does it mean to "Automatically parse links in text"?

Leave a comment:

• TriGGeR
    replied
    thanks that worked great...

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X