No announcement yet.

Problem with AOL email in registering..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with AOL email in registering..

Guys and girls-

We are having a problem it seems with people that join and use an AOL email acct.....

I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem?

We deleted the email confirmation step for members to join....so I don't see why we would be having a hang up with AOL email.

Should we just put a notice on our registration that members need to join with something other than an AOL email addy?

Thanks,

Michael

What is the nature of the problem? Are they receiving errors or anything?

Comment

They can logon-I see them with the "Who's Online" feature....but they can not post anything....we have checked the permissions and everything is fine.

We have had this problem in the past with only AOL users.....

Comment

They get a "no permission" error when posting? It must be a permission problem. Are you still having the problem?

If you send me a PM with a URL and admin login to your forum, as well as the name of one of the problem users and the forum in which they are trying to post, then I can take a look.

Comment

Ask them to click on the 'Remember me' box when logging in. This should take care of this.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X