PayPal Subscriptions not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal Subscriptions not working

Since upgrading to vB 3.5.2 PayPal subscriptions on two of my sites are not working. When testing communication I get the "cURL Fail" and "Streams Pass" result on both sites. I have checked my configuration with PayPal and all looks correct there. I set my PayPal IPN as:
    http://www.example.com/forums/paymen...?method=paypal

as outlined here:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...mentapi_paypal

I checked with my server host and cURL is active on my server at /usr/bin/curl and they have verified that it is working.

What else could be going on here? Thanks for any help.

Okay, my server host just let me know that they made a mistake. cURL was not installed. So they did the recompile and now the communication passes. But I still get the following error from PayPal:

Error Detected
    The link you have used to enter the PayPal system is invalid. Please review the link and try again.

Is the http://www.mydomain.com/forums/payme...?method=paypal the correct PayPal IPN link to enter?

Comment

anyone?

Comment

You don't have to enter an IPN anymore.... vBulletin sends it along with each payment that is sent.

From the template:

Code:
        <input type="hidden" name="notify_url" value="$vboptions[bburl]/payment_gateway.php?method=paypal" />
        vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Are they sure that that the nobody user can use curl?

Comment

So what address do I enter on the PayPal end for the Instant Payment Notification (IPN) URL? That is where I entered the IPN info above and is probably why it is screwing up. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by ncangler
              So what address do I enter on the PayPal end for the Instant Payment Notification (IPN) URL? That is where I entered the IPN info above and is probably why it is screwing up. Thanks for your help!
              Nothing. It doesn't matter what you enter there, since it won't be used for vBulletin-Sent payments.
              vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

I just tried turning off IPN on my PayPal account but still get this error message from PayPal when trying to process a membership:

Error Detected

The link you have used to enter the PayPal system is invalid. Please review the link and try again.

Comment

I'll check that with my server folks. Thanks Zachery.

Originally posted by Zachery
                  Are they sure that that the nobody user can use curl?

Comment

If Instant Payment Notification isn't used anymore then why is it still in the vBulletin 3.5.2 manual:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html?m...rsion=30502500

Comment

It's outdated. It needs to be updated, as has been noted several times in the past.

Comment

I REALLY appreciate your help Conqsoft. Should IPN be turned off or on at PayPal? Do you have a link to valid instructions for what has to be in place for paid subscriptions to work in 3.5? I've got to get this link thing figured out with PayPal. Thanks!

Originally posted by conqsoft
                        It's outdated. It needs to be updated, as has been noted several times in the past.

Comment

I have IPN enabled (checkbox), but have a blank entry for the URL and my subscriptions work fine. I don't know that the checkbox even has to be checked though.

Comment

I contacted PayPal about the error message above and their response was
                            The page your provided came up blank when I went to it. I suspect the error message you are getting comes from the script you are calling and I would begin to look there for starters.
                            Apparently there is a problem between the vbulletin payment processor and the connection with PayPal. Any other ideas? Thanks guys for your help. If I can't get PayPal working I may have to try another processor.

The error again is
                            Error Detected - The link you have used to enter the PayPal system is invalid. Please review the link and try again.

Comment

That URL isn't supposed to return anything except a blank screen. (Just like mine: http://www.fireblades.org/forums/pay...?method=paypal) Remove your IPN URL from your PayPal account. Leave it blank. It's not needed.

And, make sure cURL is correctly configured at Zachery said.

From mine:
                              Paypal
                              cURL Pass
                              Streams Pass

PayPal payments work fine with vBulletin.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X