Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOW DO I change the allowable length of a poll QUESTION?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peterska2
    replied
    Please start your own thread in the relevant forum for your version.

Leave a comment:

• IHL
    replied
    Does this work in 3.6.8? I tried it but I'm not having any luck.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Ahhh, this is also limited in the newpoll template. You need to edit this ssection:

<div><label for="pollquestion">$vbphrase[poll_question]</label>:</div>
    <input type="text" class="bginput" name="question" value="$question" id="pollquestion" size="50" maxlength="85" tabindex="1" />
    </div>

Leave a comment:

• ataraxia
    replied
    When I do this and then go into PHPmyadmin to check it, I see that the "question" field has, in fact, been changed to 250 character length.

However, for some reason, I can still not create a poll question any longer than the default length.

Do I, perchance, also need to hack a bit of the PHP code somewhere to adjust the allowable form length for this... or something like that??

Ideas???

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You have to manually change this in the databe. It is currently limited to 100 characters. To change this 250 for instance, run this query:

ALTER TABLE poll CHANGE question VARCHAR(250) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',

Backup your database first!

Leave a comment:

• HOW DO I change the allowable length of a poll QUESTION?

I found the option to set the max length of poll responses in the Admin Options but there does not seem to be a similar setting (in v3.52) for setting the length of the poll question. (At least, I could not find one.)

Looks to me like the polling question is hard-coded to 85 characters max.

Is there some way I could change this to allow, say, 150 character questions? How???

Note: I allow only certain admins to create polls.

Thanks
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X