Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this according to the TOS ?

Hello,

I want to use VB as a "comment manager" - that means that I want to append a thread to the bottom of several pages from my web site. To the users of my site the thread will look like a list of comments from the users. Is this according to the TOS ? In practice this means that VB will be accessed from virtually all pages of my website not only from "www.site.com/forums" ...

Regards,
    Razvan

no probs with that as long as it's 1 vb database instance per forum and the data displayed on your web site is being pulled from that 1 vB database
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

no probs with that as long as it's 1 vb database instance per forum and the data displayed on your web site is being pulled from that 1 vB database
      Yes, it is going to be 1 database. The threads that will be used as comments for other pages will not be accessible from the forum itself (I also intend to have a VB forum on that web site). I will group all the comments threads in a hidden forum. There must be a way to create such hidden forums.

Regards,
      Razvan

Comment

in forum management section you can set the display or order or hide forums with the options on edit forum page
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

in forum management section you can set the display or order or hide forums with the options on edit forum page

Thanks a lot Eva2000.

Regards,
          Razvan

Comment

No probs

Comment

Working...
            X