Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to troubleshoot this attachment problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to troubleshoot this attachment problem?

I'm running 3.5.1 and everything appears to be fine. The only problem I had was a limitation on attachment size. After messing around with some PHP and MySQL settings that I found on this site, I can now upload files of more than 30MB.

The problem is, no one else can. In fact, it doesn't look like they can upload any files of any size. The error message they get isn't helpful either:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	3699331

I've checked the permissions and they should be okay. Since I have admin rights, I've created a test user as a regular Registered user. When I login as the test user, I don't have problems with attachments either.

Could it be some java settings or something on their browsers? Is there a debug mode or some way I could get more meaningful error messages? It's difficult to test because I can't reproduce the problem myself.

Any ideas how to go about troubleshooting this?

Try logging in as one of these users to see if you have the same problem. If you don't, then the cause is somewhere on their end. It's impossible to know exactly what it is but some possibilites are: browsers, browser settings, Internet and security settings, ISP and/or cache issues, firewalls, ad-blockers, spyware, and any other application that affects Internet content.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X