Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass Nutz
    replied
    Strange, I'm going through the same problem right now. I have emailed myself using my one of my .com mail addresses (that are forwarded to my main email address) and it went through fine. But I don't get any instant reply notifications. I have also had members try to validate their accounts, but they never receive an email. I also sent out a few emails via my admincp and none went through, I put myself on copy.

So I believe my server is working fine, it's something to do with some sort of coding, or template modification.

I'm at my wits end with this problem. It's bad for my forum.

Leave a comment:

• LBSources
    replied
    Originally posted by JAnneSonlite
    only it's the daily thread notifications that aren't going out. These were delivering just fine until we upgraded vB last month.

We had all our users dump their cookies and re-subscribe to threads, but those who subscribed to receive daily thread notifications are not receiving them. We've tested ourselves and this function does not appear to be working. Schedule Task Manager shows that "Daily Digest" runs each day.

We've changed nothing with our email server since the vB upgrade.

Am I missing something?
    i dont think this is a problem similar to that of what ours was.. but i would suggest you open a seperate thread or have the host open a ticket and review where this email is going when the digests runs .. they can do this by reviewing email logs..

i know SON did this to track our problems..

Hope this helps..

Lenny

Leave a comment:

• LBSources
    replied
    Originally posted by zlos
    Lenny

I am host for myself, therefore any hint what exactly have they made to correct this problem would be highly appreciated
    zlos, sorry to say i cant comment on exactly what the issues were as i dont know.. i know one issue was a missed rdns issue and something else was due to as i said above.. addins, etc to manipulate exim to fight spam, etc..

kingspade is a member here and my hosting co.. maybe he can echo what _exactly happened.. i dont want to sit here and speak on something that isnt completely true..

hope you understand..

Lenny

Leave a comment:

• JAnneSonlite
    replied
    We are having a very similar problem ...

only it's the daily thread notifications that aren't going out. These were delivering just fine until we upgraded vB last month.

We had all our users dump their cookies and re-subscribe to threads, but those who subscribed to receive daily thread notifications are not receiving them. We've tested ourselves and this function does not appear to be working. Schedule Task Manager shows that "Daily Digest" runs each day.

We've changed nothing with our email server since the vB upgrade.

Am I missing something?

Leave a comment:

• zlos
    replied
    Originally posted by LBSources
    zlos.. this was a server issue for me and my hosting made every effort to fix it and attack it until it was fixed. Check with the host and make sure they dont have _too_ many additional addins for spam, mail manipulation etc for their exim server whatever mail server they are using.

This was the case with my hosting co and what a great job and effort they made to get it fixed..

Lenny
    Lenny

I am host for myself, therefore any hint what exactly have they made to correct this problem would be highly appreciated

Leave a comment:

• LBSources
    replied
    zlos.. this was a server issue for me and my hosting made every effort to fix it and attack it until it was fixed. Check with the host and make sure they dont have _too_ many additional addins for spam, mail manipulation etc for their exim server whatever mail server they are using.

This was the case with my hosting co and what a great job and effort they made to get it fixed..

Lenny

Leave a comment:

• zlos
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    That is definitely a server issue. I'd contact your host about this.
    Steve

Well - I have the very same problem. Odd is, that all the other mail functions are working properly, only this one has problems.

I have recently changed email settings and now server sends mail over smpt. PMs, registration, daili subscriptions work fine. But this instant notification - not for outsiders. It works only for the staff, which has emails in our domain.

What do you mean exactly by saying: server issue?

Regards

Leave a comment:

• LBSources
    replied
    Thanks Steve will enquire..

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by LBSources
    Hello Vbull Members ..

For some odd reason it seems that instant email notification outside of the forum domain name isnt working.
    That is definitely a server issue. I'd contact your host about this.

Leave a comment:

• LBSources
    started a topic Instant Email Notification Broken?

Instant Email Notification Broken?

Hello Vbull Members ..

For some odd reason it seems that instant email notification outside of the forum domain name isnt working. I currently use a forum domain address to receive all forum related email and i can send and receive to this doamin and outside of this domain with this mail account with no problems.

Seems the only mail sent or received by domains outside of the forum domains are for PM notifications and an invites hack i have installed. But it seems never for instant email notifications to subscribed threads.

Any ideas what i should check immidiately.

Thanks in advance..

Lenny