Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vbulletin and my Website

Hello there.

I've got myself vbulletin 3.5.2 and I want to make my website compliment it. I've got myself a unique usergroup called 'Guild Members' and they have their own catagory of forums.

I've been looking at
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61112&highlight=non-vb , but due to the age of the topic havn't read every post.

On my site, i would like the welcome pages to be free to anyone, then some pages restricted to any registered members, then pages exclusive to Guild Members.

Is this possible, if so can you tell me how?

I hope im not too confusing.

Thanks

Dave

Thread moved to 3.5.x how do I forum.

Comment

Set the permissions for the default usergroup how you want them. With no permission to these exclusive forums.

Then make an additional usergroup based on the default usergroup, permissions too. Then go to the forum permissions and set the permissions to view thread content and start threads etc to yes.

Now if you have a guild user you can change them to this new usergroup and they can view that forum.

Our online manual has more information about this.

Comment

thanks floris. :-)

Its M4g!k here, or Magik on ya vb.nl (:P)

Yeah, i know about making the forums work like that, i wanted to know how to use the same login information for pages on my website.

thanks for ya reply though

Dave

Comment

Same login on custom pages requires vborg

Comment

can you give me a link please floris? thanks! Your the man!

Comment

Working...
            X