X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RyanD789
    replied
    Yes, I did that.

I found that this is probably related to the fact that I added a Juniper hardware product we put in front of the network for caching, etc. that caused VBulletin to think that all users had the IP of 192.168.1.18.

We are removing it now to see if it fixes it.

Thanks!
    Ryan

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Try this query:

DELETE FROM strikes;

Leave a comment:

• RyanD789
    replied
    Yes, and it is fine. It's got to be something else.

Does anybody else have problems with APC like this?

Ryan

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Did you check the server time?

Leave a comment:

• RyanD789
    replied
    Some members said they waited 40 minutes and it still wasn't working.

And if it was a time problem, wouldn't the strikes table still show 5 tries from each acount before locking them out? It did it on the first try!

Ryan

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    My guess is that something happened to the server time. Check that out. Also wait 15 minutes and try again.

Leave a comment:

• RyanD789
    started a topic Strikes Problem - Nobody Could Log-In!

Strikes Problem - Nobody Could Log-In!

This morning everybody got the "You must wait 15 minutes to try again since you tried too many times to enter your password" type of error. Even on their first try.

I thought it was somebody hacking the forum by trying to just enter bad passwords for every account so the strikes would be used up, but I checked ths strikes table and it only showed one for the "admin" account, which was the one I just did.

The only thing we changed recently was adding APC to our server. Did it somehow cache something that made VBulletin give that error to everybody?

I restarted httpd and cleared the APC cache and emptied the strikes table, so it is working now, but it will probably happen again.

Help!

Thanks!
    Ryan
    Bodybuilding.com
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X