vBulletin slow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin slow?

I have noticed that vB is much slower than UBBtreads 6.
    Can vB be tuned to be faster?

My current site is running UBBt 6 on a shared server with a separate MYSQL server. Always superfast. www.surfzone.se

My new site, not in production is on a new dedicated server using the same separate MYSQL server but is still much slower and that is without any users online. dev.surfzone.se

I've recently (last weekend) switched from phpbb to vbulletin (very happy with the switch by the way) and some of my members are complaining about the very same thing. I don't notice a difference, as a matter of fact, I kinda thought it was a little more responsive, but there are two people in particular that are complaining about the speed difference. Anyone else notice this? Is there anything to do about it?

Comment

Try setting these options to 'No' to see if it makes a difference:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Display Logged in Users?

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Forum Display Options (forumdisplay) -> Show Users Browsing Forums

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Thread Display Options -> Show Users Browsing Thread

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Searching Options -> Automatic Similar Thread search
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X