Some threads and messages disappear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some threads and messages disappear

Some threads and messages in my forum disappeared last week. It wasn't reported any sql errors during that time, nothing was deleted manually except one thread, and my forum display settings are: "show all threads".
    What can be the reason?

Do you happen to know the threadid? Did you move threads from one forum to another, did you recently run prune threads? Did you change forums to a category? Are your personal settings set to show per week? Are the global settings for that forum perhaps not set to 'show all thread'?

Comment

Do you happen to know the threadid? Did you move threads from one forum to another, did you recently run prune threads? Did you change forums to a category? Are your personal settings set to show per week? Are the global settings for that forum perhaps not set to 'show all thread'?
      I don't remember the thread id, but i remember, for example, that one thread was definitely there the other day, and it was several replies to it including my own.
      I did move some threads from forum to forum, but i didn't run "prune threads".
      My personal settings as well as the global settings of the forum are set to "show all thread"...
      I checked moderators' log, but didn't find anything related to deletion of any thread either. There was one deleted thread earlier, but I did it myself. As for the other messages and threads that disappeared, it's not in the log...

Comment

If you know a little bit what is UNIQUE to that post, you could make a dump of the database and do

cat vbulletin.sql |grep "unique phrase from post"

and see what the result is. Maybe it gives away that it is still there and maybe where it went to. Perhaps it was soft deleted and therefor you can't find it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X