Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow Guests to Post and Reply

Hi,

I have looked at the control panel and I cannot see where it allows you to specify guest access to forum - i.e. so no subscription require to reply to posts or create new posts.

Basically, we want to experiement with forum being as open as possible - i.e. registration not being compulsory. I have looked in the User Registration options and this does not appear to be present - would be grateful for clear direction.

Many Thanks in Advance,
    Raheel

Edit the Unregistered usergoup permissions:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Guest Access

Hi Steve,

Many thanks for response. I have modified the existing usergroup for non registered users. However, there is no option for these users to upload attachments. Please could you indicate how we can allow these users to upload attachments. I am aware of the security issues surrounding this - it is something we are just looking at trialing. I noticed for other users , attachment options is available but not for unregistered user group.

Kind Regards,
      Raheel

Comment

There is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Guest Access

ok...thanks for your help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X