Clear All

• Gomjaba
    replied
    Had more or less the same problem, solved here :

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...69&postcount=2

Leave a comment:

• Mike Sullivan
    replied
    I also consider it a SERIOUS bug that uploading a vbulletin-style.xml file with "Create New Style" and "no Parent Style" both checked should NOT destroy the root style. If you can't create a new style based on what's being imported, generate an error instead of allowing an older language file to overwrite a new one.
    You're importing the master style. This is designed.

Open up the XML and take out the part that refers to it being a master -- it's near the top. You should then be able to import it like any other style.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    Bump?

I help everyone else and then...

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    Ok, now I'm totally lost.

When I click 'View Original' under some templates, it's showing me a 3.0.7 version instead of 3.5.2.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    started a topic Template History

Template History

How do I import or otherwise direct vBulletin to compare my templates with a virgin 3.0.7 style?

I've tried to create a new style based off a renamed vbulletin-style307.xml with no success (it actually, alarmingly, overrode my vbulletin-style.xml and rolled back all the default templates to 3.0.7!!!).

I want to be able to compare my 3.0.7 templates to a virgin 3.0.7 AND 3.5.2.

It's useless to compare my customized 3.0.7 templates to the new 3.5.2 templates because too much has changed. The whole purpose of the Template History should be to allow us to drop many different vbulletin-style.xml files into a directory on the site and freely compare between them. If this feature is in an obvious location or I've overlooked something, I apologize.

Right now I am having to dig through a 3.0.7 XML file, copy the code out, reformat it, and compare it using a text editor with my 3.0.7 template in a window. What should have been maybe a 1 hour upgrade is now going to take 4-5 hours.

I also consider it a SERIOUS bug that uploading a vbulletin-style.xml file with "Create New Style" and "no Parent Style" both checked should NOT destroy the root style. If you can't create a new style based on what's being imported, generate an error instead of allowing an older language file to overwrite a new one.
    Last edited by feldon23; Sat 10 Dec '05, 9:32pm.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X