Displaying "Hidden" Profile Fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displaying "Hidden" Profile Fields

What is the proper conditional to use when showing hidden/private profile fields - to make sure only the admins can see them? Thanks.
    MyJeepRocks!

In the postbit? It is the same as this, just make sure your group has permission to view private fields:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Can View Private Custom Fields

Comment

Actually on the profile page.

I am logged out, have the pref set so that unregistered users cannot see private custom fields, (it's set to "Editable, Hidden") for field7, and
      Code:
      <if condition="$post['field7']">
      	$post[field7]</if>
      Code:
      <if condition="$userinfo['field7']">
      $userinfo[field7]</if>
      both still display the field's content. What am I missing?
      MyJeepRocks!

Comment

What is "Hidden?" In my Admin CP I see a "Private Field" option but no "Hidden" option.

Comment

Yes, you are correct, the option says Private Field, but the User Profile Field Manager page that lists all of your fields must convert "private" to "hidden" in the options column. Same difference it seems.
          MyJeepRocks!

Comment

It works on my 3.5.1 test forum. If you are still having problems then send me a PM with a URL and admin login to your forum. I will take a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
              It works on my 3.5.1 test forum. If you are still having problems then send me a PM with a URL and admin login to your forum. I will take a look.
              Ok thanks.
              MyJeepRocks!

Comment

Don't mean to seem impatient, but did you get my PM?
                MyJeepRocks!

Comment

Yeah, I sent you a reply that I couldn't see the section you were talking about. I think I also needed an admin login. Is my PM not in your inbox?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X