Skype UN doesn't show in postbit or profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skype UN doesn't show in postbit or profile

Just updated from 3.5.1 to 3.5.2 and although my members love that Skype is integrated in the latest version, none of them show up in thread view or profile view. All of us can enter in our user names for Skype, however it's not showing up anywhere for others to view/click it. When I completed the upgrade last night, it went through successfully with no errors or problems, but is this now maybe a bug or something, or am I missing something?

Almost forgot to mention that I did not revert my templates after the upgrade, which I'm sure will have something to do with it, however I looked over and compared the two (new and old) and could only find my existing tweaks and hacks and nothing new in the code. I guess I'm going to need to edit these in to the templates, however can anyone lend me a hand on what and where?

Comment

Bump... any help?

Comment

This is almost certainly a problem with a customized template. Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Do you have the same problem?
          Yes, and I do understand where you're going with this, however no changes were noticed.

Comment

Do you have 'Show Instant Messaging Program Icons' set to Yes in your vBulletin Options?

And do you see other Instant Messaging information?
            Best Regards
            Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

I have a bit of the same problem, but have noticed something else. When adding my Skype name to Profile settings, it doesn't save it. The field is blank when returning.
              No problem with MSN or the others, only Skype, maybe it's the same problem Ninetoez is having?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F
                Do you have 'Show Instant Messaging Program Icons' set to Yes in your vBulletin Options?

And do you see other Instant Messaging information?
                By default, it is set to 'Yes' as it is on my board now and you do see AIM, ICQ, etc. on there as well, so only the information for Skype in profile view and postbit are not showing. That's what leads me to believe it's in the templates.

If anyone has recently upgraded from 3.5.1 to 3.5.2 and has copied and pasted their templates into notepad for back up, I'd appreciate looking at them so that I can insert in what I'm missing to get this to work.

Comment

My problem is fixed now after uploading files again.

Comment

Originally posted by mariannet
                    My problem is fixed now after uploading files again.
                    What files?

Comment

Originally posted by NineToez
                      What files?
                      I had upgrated from 3.5.0 to 3.5.2 and to save my hacks I compared the filechanges since 3.5.0 and just uploaded the files that where effected in upgrade.
                      Not a good idea
                      I then uploaded all the root files again (3.5.2) and it worked

Comment

That's what I thought of as well, but that would mean I'd have to rebuild all my hacks, add-ins, plugins, customizations, etc. all over again after another virgin install. If it comes down to it, I will, but was figuring that this is more of a template thing than not. Thanks for the tip and insight, mariannet.

Comment

I uploaded all the files to upgrade to 3.5.2 via FTP to my server and everything is working fine, however Skype still doesn't show up in postbit. It does show up in the profile now, but nothing in postbit. I did run /install/finalupgrade.php after uploading the files and still nothing. Any more insight or help?

Comment

It shows up fine on my unhacked 3.5.2 test forum. If it's not the postbit templates, then it has to be from a hack or pluugin you installed.
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I just installed a test forums as well to compare the postbit templates between the two and found the culprit; the tag wasn't there to display it to begin with!!

$post[skypeicon]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X