User-selectable SIGLINE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User-selectable SIGLINE?

Okay, here's the deal - in this version of vB (just as in prior versions), if you have ANYTHING in your sig-line, the "show signature" checkbox is always checked. I created a user-profile field and associated code to allow the user to select whether or not the box was checked even if they DID have text in the sig-line.

Can someone please tell me what "hook" I need to use in order to re-implement that function? I have everything I need, I just don't know where to place it. (I already managed to figure out the user-selectable postbit issue.)

Any insight or information would sure be appreciated.

Thanks!

(tapping foot and waiting....)

Comment

I think this will do what you want. Remove this section in bold from your newthread and newreply templates:

<if condition="$bbuserinfo['signature'] != ''"><div><label for="cb_signature"><input type="checkbox" name="signature" value="1" id="cb_signature" tabindex="1" $checked[signature] />$vbphrase[show_your_signature]</label></div></if>
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

What about quickreply?

Comment

Try removing the bold section of the showthread template:

<if condition="$bbuserinfo['signature']">
          <div style="float:$stylevar[right]"><label for="cb_signature"><input type="checkbox" name="signature" value="1" id="cb_signature" tabindex="5" checked="checked" />$vbphrase[show_your_signature]</label></div>
          </if>

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Theoretically, I can use a conditional based on the value in the applicable custom user-profile field, right? (That's how I did it before.)

Comment

Yes, theoretically you can add another conditional.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Yeah but the quick reply fix of the template gets overriden when someone clicks on a 'quick reply' button in a post. How do you fix that?
                Joe
                ArcanumCafe.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X