How do I add a disclaimer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I add a disclaimer?

I'd like to add a disclaimer on the bottom stating that all views of the posters are their own, and in no way reflect the organisation as a whole.

How do I do this? My lawyer tells me I need to add this to protect against future law suits.

Thanks.

i dont think you could get sued for having a point of view. its the first amendment of the constitution lol. but maybe you own a medical site and youre giving medical advice?

anyway the disclaimer is already in the terms of agreement which the members must acknowledge before signing up...

Although the administrators and moderators of {2} will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of {2}, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message

Comment

Yes, but guests don't get to see this. It is mainly for journalists and viewers of the open sections. I run a political website, so it is important that there is one on the bottom.

Also, if possible, I would like to get rid of the version number, I see it as only inviting people to hack me if I don't have the current version, which I do, but I usually don't get a chance to do it straight away as I'm so darned busy.

Comment

This is all in the footer template.

Style Manager -> (select your current style) -> Edit Templates (in the popup menu) -> footer

Comment

Excellent! BTW, I have no knowledge of this code I see in front of me, can you tell me what and where I need to add this to make this show up?

Disclaimer: The information provided by individual users does not represent the official statements or views of A.N.N. and A.N.N. disclaims any materials found on this forum that breach Intellectual Property rights. A.N.N. respects the rights of freedom of speech, including academic freedom of artists and scholars, therefore, A.N.N. does not restrict the contents posted by individual users unless it is in breach of Australian law.

Comment

Is It Ok To Use This Code

Comment

Use what code?

Comment

Hello??

Comment

The way I did it was,
                  Find in the footer template
                  HTML Code:
                                  </tr>
                              </table>
                          </form>

<if condition="$show['dst_correction']">
                  Add below
                  HTML Code:
                   <br/><td colspan="2"><div class="smallfont"><center>Your disclaimer here/<center/></div></td>
                  Last edited by steven s; Tue 13th Dec '05, 5:55am.
                  ...steven
                  www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
                  bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
                  "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

Excellent, thanks!

Comment

Glad I can finally help someone. Too many of my attempts at helping go without a thank you.
                      ...steven
                      www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
                      bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
                      "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

Originally posted by 1996 328ti
                        Glad I can finally help someone. Too many of my attempts at helping go without a thank you.
                        u helped me 2
                        many thanks
                        ~ consciousness changes everything ~

Comment