guests can view thread names, but cannot view THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guests can view thread names, but cannot view THREAD

I have a certain forum where I want guests to be able to view the names of all the threads... but cannot click on the thread name and see inside the post. I mean, if the click it, an error message pops up and says they have to register. HOw do i go about this?

Set the Forum Permissions for that forum and usergroup to:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions -> Edit -> Can View Thread Content -> No
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

yes, i have done that setting. but what that does is... when the guest tries to view that forum... it says "There are no threads in this forum" -- i dont want that... i want the guests to be able to see the thread topics... but not view the actual thread.

Comment

That should have worked. Have you installed any hacks or plugins?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

yes, but nothing that should interfere with that though. Maybe look at my forums if you get a chance. www.chowcow.com it goes directly to the forum

Comment

oh, and the forum in question for guests called "Available and Expired Domain Lists"

Comment

Set up a fresh test forum with all the original vB files and templates. Then if you can reproduce this problem on that forum, let me know. If not, then this will show that the problem is related to one or more changes you made.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

the permissions say "Can view thread content" but the thing is... i dont want them to view the thread content... JUST the thread title.

Comment

Can view thread content -> No

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

okay, this is not working. it keeps saying, "Private" and then when u click on the forum, it says "There are no posts in this forum"

how about when guests just click on the FORUM NAME it says the error message: "You do not have enough privlidges for the following reasons" bla bal bla bla, and it lists of two reasons... an admin may have disabled ur account, bla bla bla, or u have to register. somethin or other. any idea?

Comment

If you have installed any Plugins, first disable these to see if you still have this problem.

If you have not installed any plugins or hacks (which includes portals), fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. Please also include a complete description of the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

nevermind. i figured it out.... this is how it worked.

- can view forum = yes
                        - can view thread content = no
                        - can view others' threads = yes

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X