Making the [code] work properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making the [code] work properly

I have recently just moved my photograhy forum over from phpbb to vB (yay!), but am having some problems with the [ code ] feature. I have a lot of "templates" that I use that have BBCode and HTML stored in them in my private admin forum for applying medals, sending PMs, etc. But when I look at the code now, it shows up like this:
    Code:
    Me and my BBCOde
    instead of it looking like this (minus the spaces):
    Code:
    Me and my [url =http://www.vbulletin.com]BBCOde[ /url]

Is there any way to fix this??
    PhotographyCorner.com

Actually, it does work properly and always has I was one of the first people to report this problem back in the day.

The fact is the code tag is not for use directly in displaying BBCode, if you want to use the code tag use the noparse tags
    Code:
    me and my [url=http://www.vbulletin.com/]BBCode[/url]
    Last edited by Zachery; Fri 2 Dec '05, 3:09pm.

Comment

so [url=http://www.photographycorner.com]PhotographyCorner.com[/url]?
      PhotographyCorner.com

Comment

you've got the idea.

Comment

Thanks for the help.
          PhotographyCorner.com

Comment

If I want to copy bbcode into a paragraph for demonstrative purposes but don't want it to parse, how do I do that? I want them to be able to see the brackets and img tags etc.

Comment

[noparse][/noparse] <---

Comment

Awesome. Thank you very much!

Comment

is there a way to make it so anytime someone uses the [code] tags it automatically uses the [noparse] tags? can I edid the way the code tags work?

Comment

This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Could anyone maybe give me a quick walkthrough on how I could make a noparse icon/button that could go with the code button when posting I can easily add the code tags and noparse tag seperatly?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X