Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP - Locked-out of ADMINCP

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HELP - Locked-out of ADMINCP

    Hello,

    I am a newbie to PHP. I have had difficulties with getting the forums running. I finally got it done but had a lingering problem. This problem, having to log-out twice to be truly logged-off.

    Here is the major problem:

    I made changes to the Cookie Paths & Cookie Domain information. Following this change, the double log-out is not the primary issue. I can not get into the ADMINCP to correct and changes made nor put the forum back online.

    Here is what the ADMINCP Log-in does:

    ADMINCP LOG-IN PAGE
    Enter Username & Password
    Accepts data then the Redirect Page is viewed
    ADMINCP then immediately returns to the ADMINCP LOG-IN PAGE


    HELP


    Johnny


    "The Inland Empire Sportbike Original Since 1990"
    Member Since 1995 & Team No Limit Racing Founder

  • #2
    HELP - Locked-out of ADMINCP

    Sorry, I posted the problem in the wrong area. Please click on this link:

    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165860


    Much Thanks,

    Johnny
    "The Inland Empire Sportbike Original Since 1990"
    Member Since 1995 & Team No Limit Racing Founder

    Comment


    • #3
      No help with this???

      "The Inland Empire Sportbike Original Since 1990"
      Member Since 1995 & Team No Limit Racing Founder

      Comment


      • #4
        Threads merged.

        Now for future refrence, theres no need to bump your threads without waiting for at least 12 hours to have passed.

        To fix your problem, upload tools.php to your admincp folder (Tools.php is in your do_not_upload folder of your zip file).

        Browse to tools.php http://www.yoursite.com/forums/admincp/tools.php
        Use it to reset the cookie domain and path back to the DEFAULT settings.

        Now remove tools.php ASAP!

        Clear your cookies and CLOSE ALL OF YOUR BROWSER WINDOWS!! If one is left open your cookies will not be cleared from memory and you will need to do it again.

        Now try loggin in.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Zachery
          Threads merged.

          Now for future refrence, theres no need to bump your threads without waiting for at least 12 hours to have passed.

          To fix your problem, upload tools.php to your admincp folder (Tools.php is in your do_not_upload folder of your zip file).

          Browse to tools.php http://www.yoursite.com/forums/admincp/tools.php
          Use it to reset the cookie domain and path back to the DEFAULT settings.

          Now remove tools.php ASAP!

          Clear your cookies and CLOSE ALL OF YOUR BROWSER WINDOWS!! If one is left open your cookies will not be cleared from memory and you will need to do it again.

          Now try loggin in.

          Sorry for the bump .....Just so frustrated. I really appreciate the help.

          PHP is new to me in this capacity. I will do my best with the info you have provided.


          Johnny

          "The Inland Empire Sportbike Original Since 1990"
          Member Since 1995 & Team No Limit Racing Founder

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Zachery
            Threads merged.

            Now for future refrence, theres no need to bump your threads without waiting for at least 12 hours to have passed.

            To fix your problem, upload tools.php to your admincp folder (Tools.php is in your do_not_upload folder of your zip file).

            Browse to tools.php http://www.yoursite.com/forums/admincp/tools.php
            Use it to reset the cookie domain and path back to the DEFAULT settings.

            Now remove tools.php ASAP!

            Clear your cookies and CLOSE ALL OF YOUR BROWSER WINDOWS!! If one is left open your cookies will not be cleared from memory and you will need to do it again.

            Now try loggin in.

            Zachery

            Much thanks for your assistance! I have corrected the ADMINCP problem thanks to your help. Although, the double log-out problems continues to plague anyone who attempts to log-out.

            What will completely resolve this issue???


            Johnny
            "The Inland Empire Sportbike Original Since 1990"
            Member Since 1995 & Team No Limit Racing Founder

            Comment


            • #7
              You have to logout via the navbar twice? If so does it give you a specific error?

              Like "There has been an error in logging you out, please click here?"

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Zachery
                You have to logout via the navbar twice? If so does it give you a specific error?

                Like "There has been an error in logging you out, please click here?"

                Correct with the navbar. The user, I or any other member using the navbar log-out (upper right of the page) must log-out twice to get the blank log-in.

                Zachery.......This problem is w/o any ERROR Message. The user has to log-out twice to clear the username from the upper right corner of the page. e.g.:

                Welcome GXSR750
                You last visited: Yesterday at 9:45PM

                Once does not clear the user info. Twice will


                Johnny
                "The Inland Empire Sportbike Original Since 1990"
                Member Since 1995 & Team No Limit Racing Founder

                Comment


                • #9
                  How about you give me a test login to see?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Zachery
                    How about you give me a test login to see?
                    Zachery......Stand-by please. I will PM you with the information.

                    Johnny

                    "The Inland Empire Sportbike Original Since 1990"
                    Member Since 1995 & Team No Limit Racing Founder

                    Comment

                    widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X