vB Basics: Editing Variables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB Basics: Editing Variables?

Ok, I'm just getting started into delving into the vB code and using the admincp (using vB 3.5.1). Here's what I have so far:

Phrase Manager: Great for making easy changes to text already in the out-of-the-box board. I've changed the <title> info, removed the "Powered by Vbulletin" (yes I have branding-free) and updated the non-logged in intro message. This works by changing the default text and adding a substitue into the language DB - but if you have only one (like English (US)) it will always show the changed/updated text.

Style Manager -> Edit Templates: I've used this to add a new column on the right so I can add skyscraper ads and whatnot. Also good for changing some of the HTML layouts.

What I REALLY need to figure out now (still scratching my head on) is how to change actual variable values that are in the DB, that the PHP calls. Example: I want to change the variable $stylevar[outertablewidth]. This variable sets the width boundary of the outside container table, so you can have it to a percentage (like 98%, which I'm guessing is default and fluid) or set pixel amount (like 700 or something).

I'd like to know if there is an in-admincp tool to edit these variables, or if you actually have to do queries to update. Maybe I'm missing something, but I've not been able to see it. I hate tunnel vision.. Thanks for the help anyone!

forums.morehome.com

AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Click On go >

This is the main settings for all of the styles settings for your style

Comment

Working...
    X