vBulletin Template Editing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin Template Editing

Not sure if this should go here but here it is anyways...

I am would what languages should I have a knowagle of in order to start edit and messing arounf with the templates? HTML? XHTML? XML? PHP? CSS? ALso are there any good tutorials on template editing? looking at the template there are many different types of file in the template and I don't even know where to start. Any help would be great thanks.

(X)HTML / CSS

Most of the templates are very specific to their location. With one mild diviation, and thats the forumhome. The forumhome template set is used on the index.php and the forumdisplay page to a certain extent.

All of the rest of the templates and grouping sets are generally used where there name suggestions.

The showthread template's and its group are all used on the showthread page. The postbit group, is just for how posts are displayed and used in several places.

There are no files to edit, all of your templating needs are done though the AdminCP>

Comment

are there any tutorails on edit vB templates?

Comment

Not exactly, there are some howtos on how to do specific things, but nothing more complex than that. there can enver really be a tutorial on how to edit vB templates because how I would do it and how you might do it are two totally differnt concepts etc.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X