Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Avatar shows in CP, not on Forum

Hi,

I just installed 3.5.1 (not upgraded, brand new install). Custom avatar uploading is enabled under usergroups. When I select one of the predefined avatars that I upload via the Admin CP, they show up in the forums. However, when I select a custom avatar, either from my computer or from somewhere on the web, it shows up in the user CP but does not show on the forum.

I have installed the "Scarlett" skin. I was browsing through some of the other posts and noticed that any customization could cause issues so I created a new style with no parent and standard templates but the problem still exists.

What, oh what could it be?

Just to add: I've checked and the custom avatars do get uploaded to the directory customavatars (with different filenames like avatar2_1.gif, etc. though) which is in the root just like the profilepics directory. The profile pics work fine which is what weirds me out.

Thanks!
    Last edited by hArpOoN; Wed 30th Nov '05, 7:51pm.

This is a problem with your style. Revert your postbit and postbit_legacy templates.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the reply. I've already tried that. I first tried reverting the postbit template and when that didnt work, I deleted all styles, except the main default one that comes with vB. It still didnt work.

However, when I switch from file to database mode, it seems to be working fine. Weird!?

I would still like for this to work in file mode. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Comment

To troubleshoot this, remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

This worked for me...

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...=162677&page=2
          DMCTalk.com forums - For DeLorean owners and enthusiasts.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X