Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't find the option to set a global life of all threads to 60 days before invis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't find the option to set a global life of all threads to 60 days before invis

I can't find the option to set a global life of all threads to 60 days before invisible.

I'd like my threads / posts to stay around longer
    ChrisGuthrie.net - Forums and Blogging

To update them all at once, run this query (assuming no table prefix is being used):

UPDATE forum SET daysprune=60;

After running that query, update the forum counters:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Rebuild Forum Information
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I remember doing something like this without having to run a query etc. I thought there was simply an option within the control panel as simple as changing a usergroups pm count

What is the default date at? Maybe I should just keep it.
      ChrisGuthrie.net - Forums and Blogging

Comment

I think you will find its something which you have to set on a per-forum basis when you create them.

There is a 'Use forum default' option in the UserCP but that actually doesnt look for a global value but for the value for that specific forum. So in short, you will need to do steve's query to actually change things on a global scale (and then go through and manually set the ones you want to differ)

Comment

If you want to do each forum one by one:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum -> Default View Age -> 60
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
          X