Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is MySQL 5 recommended? Was there a MySQL 5 bug in 3.5 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is MySQL 5 recommended? Was there a MySQL 5 bug in 3.5 ?

Is MySQL 5 recommended?

I am using Ver 3.5

Was there a MySQL 5 bug in 3.5 ?

DAVID COPELAND
    Licensed VB Holder Since 2000
    Celebrating 19 Years with VB

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161721

Increased Compatibility with MySQL 5
    MySQL 5 has now been declared stable and is therefore supported by vBulletin. With 3.5.1 previous compatibility issues with MySQL 5 have been addressed, allowing vBulletin to run without errors. However, it should be noted that vBulletin is not yet compatible with MySQL 5 running in Strict Mode, and this should be disabled in the MySQL configuration or using the new option in config.php.

Originally posted by Freddie Bingham
    strict_mode requires that all data sent to MySQL be in an expected format rather than allowing mysql to convert data into the required format. Our goal is to get vBulletin performing with strict mode enabled but it is a lengthy process.

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23
      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161721

Increased Compatibility with MySQL 5
      MySQL 5 has now been declared stable and is therefore supported by vBulletin. With 3.5.1 previous compatibility issues with MySQL 5 have been addressed, allowing vBulletin to run without errors. However, it should be noted that vBulletin is not yet compatible with MySQL 5 running in Strict Mode, and this should be disabled in the MySQL configuration or using the new option in config.php.
      Where could I find if our current VB 3.5 is running in strict mode or not?

DAVID COPELAND
      Licensed VB Holder Since 2000
      Celebrating 19 Years with VB

Comment

vBulletin does not run in scrict mode, MySQL does. Unless you have an explicit need for MySQL 5, I'd suggest sticking with 4.x

Comment

You'd know if your MySQL 5 were running in Strict cause vBulletin wouldn't work.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X