Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stuck on step 2 of running install script

It says...

The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the 'includes/config.php' file.

What does this mean? I checked the name and password, and it's correct. I have one for my account and I have one for FTP. I entered both of them, but neither worked. Do I have to ask for a mySQL password from my provider? They didn't really give me a mySQL password. It was just an account pw and FTP pw.

Did your account come with mysql? If like stated before you are still with godaddy, I don't believe their windows packages support mysql..

Comment

The issue is the same as this:
      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157313
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
        Did your account come with mysql? If like stated before you are still with godaddy, I don't believe their windows packages support mysql..
        it does support mysql but i found out i had to set it up. i called them and figured it out. however it still didnt work. but the technician said that the change status will be pending for a few minutes before it is finalized. so i hope it works. i just changed to linux so i have to wait 72 hours before i do anything he said. thx.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          i read your post and i took note of it. i hope it doesnt come to that. like i said above i just changed my host from windows to linux so it will take 72 hours before i could access the website again. ill give a run in three days. thx.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X