Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• link to last 100 posts?

Hi,

I would really like to have a link that takes members (or guests) to a page that lists the last 100 posts. Is there any way of doing this?

Thanks for any advice.

Clancy

Members / Guests can see all of the posts that were made in the last 24 hours (or more)

search.php?do=getdaily
    For a longer lenght
    search.php?do=getdaily&days=X where X is the number of days that you want to go back.

By default Guests see the getdaily link, and for members theres a getdaily link the quick link

Comment

Hi Clancy

I think trying to show the last 100 posts in a list or seperate page would require something like vBAdvanced where you could amend the adv_portal_latest_posts template somehow such that only the last 100 posts are shown.

I'm not sure there's a way of accomplishing this without some form of code amendment...
      John

Comment

Thanks for the replies Zachery and TheMusicMan,

Maybe I'll just use the last 3 days and put a link "latest posts" instead of last 100 posts. That could work... I just had one of my members requesting this and I thought it might be a simple thing to do.

Thanks again for your replies.

Will look into vbadvanced TheMusicMan, have been meaning to do that anyway... thanks

Clancy

Comment

You're welcome Clancy, vBAdvanced is a great free portal that many vB users emply on their forums as the main index page.
          John

Comment

Originally posted by TheMusicMan
            You're welcome Clancy, vBAdvanced is a great free portal that many vB users emply on their forums as the main index page.
            Hi again TheMusicMan,

I know I'd probably be better asking this over at vbadvance forum but thought you might just be able to answer me a quick question that I've been wondering about.... Can you use vBadvanced as the index page for just your forum? It doesn't have to be the index page of your entire site right? I've noticed most people use it as the home page for their entire site and I wouldn't want to do that. I haven't seen any sites that just use it for their home forum page but I assume this can be done.

thanks for you help so far... I notice we both have music forums, just checked yours out. Looks good

Clancy

Comment

Yes indeed, you can set the vBAdvanced CMPS index page, just as you can with vB itself, to be anywhere on your site. It doesn't have to be the index to the entire site.

Thanks for the comments re my site... appreciated. What's yours?
              John

Comment

Originally posted by TheMusicMan

Thanks for the comments re my site... appreciated. What's yours?
                Thanks for that. I'll go have another look at vbadvanced now. My forum is http://www.guitarforbeginners.com/forum/

Clancy

Comment

Hey Clancy that's a nice look you have there... nice one!

As a way of saying 'hello' and as you too run a music site, if you would like a free promotional banner for your forum displayed on mine for a few months, just send me a nice 468*60 image and the URL to where you'd like it linked and I'll add you to the banner list...

It's nearly Christmas eh...
                  John

Comment

That's a very nice offer MusicMan... I'll take you up on that... Thank you My forum is fairly new but it's growing fast. 1000 new members in the last week. It's been keeping me VERY busy. I need sleep badly.

I'll send you a banner and a link. Thanks again for the offer. It's very kind of you.

Clancy

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X