RSS and Password Protected Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSS and Password Protected Forums

When I Read my RSS Feed from VB 3.5.1 I get all recent post, including post from password protected Forums. Is there a way to retrict the feed to NOT include post from password protected forums? Maybe a mod external.php?
    Systems Integrator, Community Technology Systems

That's not right. Have you installed any hacks or plugins? If not, please report this in the 3.5 Bug Tracker.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Password Protected Forums and RSS Feeds

You are correct. By design, Password protected Forums are excluded in the VB RSS Feed generated by external.php

The reasons the, what I thought protected Forums, were showing in the RSS feed was due to my ignorance of password protecting Forums.

Here were my problems and the solutions.

1. I did not have the password protection set in the subject Child Forums.

2. I had the Parent Forum password protected, but I did not set the toggle in the Parent Forum to protect newly added child forums.

All is well now.

I went back and simply password protected the Child Forums and set the toggle in the Parent Forum to protect any subsequent Child Forums I may add.

The RSS Feed does not show the now password protected Forums.

Thank you for, as always, the great support.

Kenny
      Systems Integrator, Community Technology Systems

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X