Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help with: attachment button missing, post too short, but its really not!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with: attachment button missing, post too short, but its really not!

As mentioned above, I am missing the button to make attachments! It shows the area for it saying what type of files are ok, but no 'attachment' button!

Also I just tried to make a new post on my forum, except it says "message is too short must be at least 5 charaters long" However, the post was like well over a paragraph, so I do not understand what the problem could be!!!!

Please let me know how to get this working! Thanks a lot

This is almost certainly a problem with a customized template. Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

If you do, empty your browser cache, close all browser windows and try again.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

is there a way to find out which template could be the problem?

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      This is almost certainly a problem with a customized template. Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

If you do, empty your browser cache, close all browser windows and try again.
      is there a way to find out which template could be the problem?

Comment

wow this search in template feature is phenominal saved me a lot of random searching that would of lead to a lot of grey hair

I think I got rid of 1 template completely by hand. Now, is there a way to find out what lines are edited from what templates?

*I KNOW* in the 3.5.x cp it shows a list of edited templates, but can you find out WHAT is edited in those templates.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X