Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Limit the number of characters in Location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limit the number of characters in Location?

Hi

I'm trying to limit the number of characters in the Location field. I have the 'Max length of allowed user input' set at 20 but it has not altered the number of characters for existing members.

Is there anything else I need to do to rectify this or does this only take affect when a new member registers?

Joy

I was experimenting with this the other day. It seems it will take affect next time your members adjust their profile.
    The East Anglia Web Forums
    A discussion forum for all things entertainment,
    leisure and business related in the East Anglia region of the UK.

Check out my suggestions thread, it’s ace!

Comment

Changing this is not retroactive. There may be a query to strip the extra characters from existing fields but unfortunately I don't know what that is. Maybe someone else will have an idea.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you both

Perhaps someone else could advise me on how to adjust this instead of waiting for the members to edit their profile?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X