Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

smilies and editor buttons not working..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smilies and editor buttons not working..

I apparently during my mods messed up my smilies, not sure when so now I need to fix them..

the smiles are there but not clickable and the editing buttons are there but dont work, if I click on "PM" to pm a user I get an error that vb_text_editor is undefined.. I remember I was going to remove the something toolbox and I may have removed too much code.. not sure.. any help please, where to look, what files to compare to originals, also.. if I type in smilie code they work..

Help please.. users love smilies...

i have the same problem .. any idea?

Comment

If you have not upgraded to 3.5.2, then please do so.

To troubleshoot this, remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

hello,

thank u steve , but the problem is not solved .. i have 3.5.2 and i re-upload files again and create new style (no parent) but i cant click on any smile and i cant use any button on editors ...

also the attachment box is not available ...

is that correct to create new style? or i have to import special XML file for this version?

Comment

I am haveing the same problem after upgrading to 3.5.2 at http://www.teambuick.com/forums .

The smilies appear in the editor, but they will not transfere to a posting, and the "more" link does not open the window.

I followed a link to and from cbr929rrerion 's profile hoping to find a fix..

Thanks
          Last edited by rcull; Sun 18th Dec '05, 8:06am.

Comment

Rcull, please start your own thread.

Alain4ever, if you have not installed any plugins or hacks (which includes portals), fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. Please also include a complete description of the problem.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

OK, new thread started here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...04#post1035604

Thanks

Comment

steve ..

thanks for reply, but i solve the problem by change the directory name of my forum ... i try to change it from /vb to /forum and it works fine ...

Comment

Working...
                X