2 problems after switching host

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 problems after switching host

I 've recently changed to a new hosting company and i am now facing 2 problems.

1) i am recieving error logs on my email from vbulletin all the time.
    Code:
    mysql_connect(): Lost connection to MySQL server during query /home/9999/path/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 273
    Code:
    mysql_connect(): Too many connections
    /home/9999/path/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 273
    I've reported this to my hosting company and after 2 weeks of invastigation they couldnt fix this problem.

What do they have to do in order for my vb3.5 to work without any more of these errors

2) The custom avatars of my members are not working anymore. After switching to the new hosting company, everything worked when restored the db, but custom avatars didnt.
    how can i recover the custom avatars?

thank you

Try running this query to fix the custom avatars:
    A
    LTER TABLE customavatar CHANGE filedata filedata MEDIUMBLOB NOT NULL

The first problem could be solved by setting up the max_connections setting in mysql. Also, do you have persistent connections turned on in your config.php file?
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

ColinF i've runned the query but no changes made... i still have the same problem.

now about the second one... is the persistent connections supposed to be on or off? Mine is now on off
      Last edited by injektilo; Wed 16 Nov '05, 11:21am.

Comment

1) Persistent should be off. Ask your host to increase max_connections.

2) Are your avatarss stored in the database or file system? What vB and MySQL versions did your old host have, and what you're using on new host?
        Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoH64

2) Are your avatarss stored in the database or file system? What vB and MySQL versions did your old host have, and what you're using on new host?

i am not sure were is stored...how can i check?

Comment

my custom avatars are in a database

Comment

Ok, then please answer the version questions.
              Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Ok, then please answer the version questions.

what do you mean?

Comment

The vB & MySQL versions of old & new host.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X