Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

host won't increase max_questions limit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• host won't increase max_questions limit?

I'm attempting to switch from phpBB2 to vB351 using 'impex' but it continues to error out with the standard message about exceeding the 'max_questions' which is currently set to '50000'.

So now what? The host won't raise the limitation so how do I import the phpBB2 database into the new vB351 without exceeding the connection limitations?

If the host won't do it then you probably have to change hosts.

Comment

To be able to download attachments and post in the support forums you need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/membersupport_priority.php

...and enter your email address (the one you used to register on the forums) in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access that page.

Also please make sure you have activated your forum account by clicking on the link in the activation email after registering or changing you email address. You will not be able to post until you activate your account.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI4EVER
        If the host won't do it then you probably have to change hosts.
        That is what I'm trying to do but I can't move until I have first imported the phpBB into vB, then I can backup the vB db and move it to the new host.

My question still stands, If the host won't increase the limit what am I supposed to do to be able to import the phpBB database into the vB database?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
          To be able to download attachments and post in the support forums you need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/membersupport_priority.php

...and enter your email address (the one you used to register on the forums) in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access that page.

Also please make sure you have activated your forum account by clicking on the link in the activation email after registering or changing you email address. You will not be able to post until you activate your account.
          I already am a card carrying member, have been for many years now!

Comment

Originally posted by katman
            That is what I'm trying to do but I can't move until I have first imported the phpBB into vB, then I can backup the vB db and move it to the new host.

My question still stands, If the host won't increase the limit what am I supposed to do to be able to import the phpBB database into the vB database?

But you can't do that unless they up the limit :\

Comment

There are probably many ways to solve this problem. Before we can give anymore answers, a Staff member should confirm your current license status first though.
              Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
              Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Only licensed people can post in this forum though....we're in tech support.

Comment

I already have confirmed my license & membership which is how I am able to post in this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoH64
                    There are probably many ways to solve this problem. Before we can give anymore answers, a Staff member should confirm your current license status first though.
                    Look at my profile, I've been a member of the forums since 2002 and I own 2 vB licenses since then as well.

Comment

Yes i know, that is why i was surprised at Zachery's post #3. I guess there is some administration to take care of if he post that.
                      Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Must have been a glitch in the system, but your fine now.

katman, do you have any friends who will let you do the import on their sites? Or can you setup a server on your own pc or another local one to do the import?

Comment

Thanks for clearing this up Zachery.

If i understand you correct, you are in the process of moving host and converting from phpBB to vBulletin.

You can backup your current phpBB database on your old server and import it into a database on your new server. You don't need to install phpBB on your new server to run ImpEx to do the upgrade.

Comment

But Impex is erroring out on him isn't it?

Comment

He is trying ImpEx on the old host, so he can move the converted database to the new host if i read him correct. I hope for him his new host has the limits better set.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X