Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

localhost or full address? (mysql question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• localhost or full address? (mysql question)

Hi all,

First time install VB (IPB convert )

When editing the config.php file with the "database servername" i am a little confused/unsure how to fill it in. This is what my hosts CP has on it:

Hostname : db188.oneandone.co.uk

So i tried localhost and also tried the above url but still getting the standard failed to connect error (yes i read sticky etc thanks) and first port of fault finding was this, so how do i fill in the hostname, as above? or do i need to put http:// or similar also ? If someone can confirm from above details what exactly goes between ' ' i can move onto what else is causing my error in install.

My hosts cp has this note too: (not totally sure if need to do else to access)
    • The MySQL database is stored on a separate database server behind a firewall to protect your data. You can only access this database server and your database exclusively through your site. Direct access to the MySQL database using a home PC (external ODBC connection) cannot be established.
    • Please note that a complete PhpMyAdmin directory has to be uploaded in order to guarantee access to the MySQL database.
    I have a IPB board running fine on a seperate db on that host so dont think i have an access problem.

Thanks in advance, help me save some hairs

Have you tried setting the servername to db188.oneandone.co.uk in config.php? If so, what error do you get?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes its working now fine, i did do the same originally and got the failed to connect error, but having spoke to my host last night it seems they need 10-15 mins after setting up a db before it is acessible. Doh

So thanks got that all installed fine now, move onto ipmort attempt now.

Comment

Working...
      X