Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Haze Around Icons...

Group,

I have been noticing that when working with certain theme colors (especially dark colors) that the smilies, and alot of the icons tend to look hazy, fuzzy, or out of focus looking around the outer edges. Its like there is a little bit of white haze or something all around the icons and smilies.

Has anyone here found a way to get rid of this effect and make the smilies and icons much more sharper and clear looking?

If so would you be willing to share how to correct this problem with me and also what program your using?

Thanks very much

Doug

Those images are aliased to work with lighter backgrounds. You would need to make new images to replace these.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The graphics included with vBulletin are incompatible with any background except solid white.

Comment

How about some tips, suggestions, or how too's on making icons and smilies guys?

Doug

Comment

With the vBulletin 3 Graphic Developers Kit, you can re-save the images with a different background color. Or you can look at different sets of buttons and smilies at vBulletin.org.

Comment

Feldon,

Thank you soo much for this information. I will do some reading up on this and testing to see what I can come up with.

Also I dont have a copy of Adobe Photoshop, but I do have a copy of Macromedia Fireworks, would that do the same for me, or do i need Adove Photoshop to do this stuff?

Thanks

Doug

Comment

With a few caveats, Fireworks 4 can import Photoshop files.

Comment

Feldon,

Greatly appreciated. I'll do some reading on both.

Thanks

Doug

Comment

Working...
                X