Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Register with Yahoo

Yahoo Troubles!

This is the strangest thing. For people registering to my forum (http://biblocality.com/forums) from yahoo, they don't receive an email verification. Even when I send it manually, they don't get it. Even when they request their password they don't get an email, after I manually verify them. Nothing works. This was not always the case. It just started happening. When I send an email to a test yahoo email from elsewhere there is no problem. What gives? (I am using 3.5.1). Nothing from vBulletin gets sent to yahoo emails.

But other email accounts have no problem.

Well this is very likely caused by how the Yahoo spam filters are working. You should tell you members to contact Yahoo and have them solve the problem. Sorry i can't give you a ready solution.

A few tips though:
    - Make sure your webmaster email (the sender of the mails), is a mail account on your own domain (not some free mail!) and that a reverse lookup of your domain ends on your server.
    - Try to reduce the number of words commonly used in spam message in the activation mail like: 'link', 'click here', etc..
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Since the upgrade I am having same issue also gmail and hotmail. Everyone that uses these accounts never gets the email and I am getting the Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
      unrouteable mail domain yada yada yada

Same topic here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...sage+to+sender could this be a upgrade isue since we NEVER had this issue in past and nothing has changed but an upgrade?
      Last edited by C_P; Sun 11 Dec '05, 10:01am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X