Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zachery
    replied
    If you can confirm this please create a ticket in the members area and be sure to include ftp and admincp logins so we can inveistgate the issue

http://members.vbulletin.com

Leave a comment:

• therapist
    replied
    I have image verification enabled. I've downloaded the latest vBulletin version (3.5.3) and have not changed any templates at all.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Make sure you have enabled image verification. Setting a graphics processor does not enable the feature, only enbling image verification on registration does.

Also ensure you are using the default template set for that version.

Leave a comment:

• therapist
    replied
    Originally posted by plaroma
    Hi,

I have a slightly different problem with the image verification on a client's site. While the image verification is switched on (and the image appears in the admin area), it is not added to the registration process.

It was there before, but seems to have disappeared. I've updated to 3.5.3 already, but that didn't solve the problem either.

Suggestions?

Marcel
    Hi,

I've just installed vBulletin (www.wkc.cz/vbulletin) and experience now the same problem. How to solve this?

Thanks
    Last edited by therapist; Mon 20 Feb '06, 2:41am.

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    I thought I was going blind, I tried to register on a site using vBulletin 3.5.3 and it took me 4 times to register. The code is very hard to read on the site I tried to register with. Not sure what font they was using but it was a mightmare trying to register the code.

Leave a comment:

• padmaster
    replied
    I had a potential member email me saying the same things. It also took me four tries to register a test account. Seems the characters are sometimes hard to make out.

Leave a comment:

• plaroma
    replied
    Hi,

I have a slightly different problem with the image verification on a client's site. While the image verification is switched on (and the image appears in the admin area), it is not added to the registration process.

It was there before, but seems to have disappeared. I've updated to 3.5.3 already, but that didn't solve the problem either.

Suggestions?

Marcel

Leave a comment:

• barsa
    replied
    Thanks, I did place a font file in forum root fixed the Image Options in AdminCP but still having the same, anything else i missed?
    Last edited by barsa; Sat 7 Jan '06, 6:02pm.

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    3.5.3 should have made the image easier to read for you. Have you tried uploading your own .ttf font and placing the path to it in the GD font option? You can try uploading the font to your main forums directory and simply placing the filename in the box.

Leave a comment:

• barsa
    replied
    I have 3.5.3 and still having this. Do i need ImageMagick to get easier to read verification image?

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    Originally posted by PnL
    I agree ... a solution is needed. I gave up trying to create a test account myself after trying it upteen times
    Upgrade to 3.5.3

Leave a comment:

• PnL
    replied
    Originally posted by noppid
    We are experiencing the same issue. I was 100% certian I had the correct characters, yet they were rejected on submission. It took multiple tries to get past the image.

This is affecting membership, so we had to disable it. A solution is needed.
    I agree ... a solution is needed. I gave up trying to create a test account myself after trying it upteen times

Leave a comment:

• noppid
    replied
    Originally posted by glowinggal
    This has happened to us as well for no apparent reason... When I signed up a test account it took me 4 image verification tries to get myself registered.
    We are experiencing the same issue. I was 100% certian I had the correct characters, yet they were rejected on submission. It took multiple tries to get past the image.

This is affecting membership, so we had to disable it. A solution is needed.

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    The case of the entered text does not matter.

Leave a comment:

• tamborinegal
    replied
    I've had users complain that they have had to put in the lower-case when it's all in caps too. Until I saw this post I thought they must have been mistaken and ignored it, but now I'm beginning to wonder.

I've also had some users saying they've tried 4 times to type in the correct image verification and have failed and given up.

I haven't been able to reproduce it however, but I think there may be a problem here.

Clancy

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X