Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image verification problem?

(using GD)

Is there something wrong with image verification? I never had a problem before, but:

One user says:
    I give up. I entered your image code exactly three times. I used capital letters (as yours were in caps). It rejected me three times. You site is rather flawed! I had something to add to a discussion, but forget it now.
    Thought it must be user error, but today, another user says.
    The string of letters one has to enter are all caps in the box... but you must enter all lower case for it to accept.

Can you duplicate this problem yourself?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

This has happened to us as well for no apparent reason... When I signed up a test account it took me 4 image verification tries to get myself registered.

Comment

Are you using GD or IM for your image verification, and are you using a specific font?

Comment

I've had users complain that they have had to put in the lower-case when it's all in caps too. Until I saw this post I thought they must have been mistaken and ignored it, but now I'm beginning to wonder.

I've also had some users saying they've tried 4 times to type in the correct image verification and have failed and given up.

I haven't been able to reproduce it however, but I think there may be a problem here.

Clancy

Comment

The case of the entered text does not matter.

Comment

Originally posted by glowinggal
              This has happened to us as well for no apparent reason... When I signed up a test account it took me 4 image verification tries to get myself registered.
              We are experiencing the same issue. I was 100% certian I had the correct characters, yet they were rejected on submission. It took multiple tries to get past the image.

This is affecting membership, so we had to disable it. A solution is needed.
              Computer Help Forum
              An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

Comment

Originally posted by noppid
                We are experiencing the same issue. I was 100% certian I had the correct characters, yet they were rejected on submission. It took multiple tries to get past the image.

This is affecting membership, so we had to disable it. A solution is needed.
                I agree ... a solution is needed. I gave up trying to create a test account myself after trying it upteen times

Comment

Originally posted by PnL
                  I agree ... a solution is needed. I gave up trying to create a test account myself after trying it upteen times
                  Upgrade to 3.5.3

Comment

I have 3.5.3 and still having this. Do i need ImageMagick to get easier to read verification image?

Comment

3.5.3 should have made the image easier to read for you. Have you tried uploading your own .ttf font and placing the path to it in the GD font option? You can try uploading the font to your main forums directory and simply placing the filename in the box.

Comment

Thanks, I did place a font file in forum root fixed the Image Options in AdminCP but still having the same, anything else i missed?
                        Last edited by barsa; Sat 7th Jan '06, 6:02pm.

Comment

Hi,

I have a slightly different problem with the image verification on a client's site. While the image verification is switched on (and the image appears in the admin area), it is not added to the registration process.

It was there before, but seems to have disappeared. I've updated to 3.5.3 already, but that didn't solve the problem either.

Suggestions?

Marcel

Comment

I had a potential member email me saying the same things. It also took me four tries to register a test account. Seems the characters are sometimes hard to make out.

Comment

I thought I was going blind, I tried to register on a site using vBulletin 3.5.3 and it took me 4 times to register. The code is very hard to read on the site I tried to register with. Not sure what font they was using but it was a mightmare trying to register the code.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X