cannot login admin on brand new install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cannot login admin on brand new install

I just downloaded the latest version of VB and installed it.

I have lots of experience with VB and this is my 3rd license.

I have everything set properly and when I attempt to login the admin to the control panel it just comes right back to the admin login screen - no errors, no warnings.

I have a cookie path and cookie name set differently than the other version of VB running on this server so that they are not colliding.

of course this website and new version point to an entirely seperate database.

there are no errors in the apache error log for this website either.

any help would be appreciated...

- jeff

This is probably a cookie domain/path issue. To fix this, upload the tools.php script in the 'do_not_upload' folder of the vB zip file to your Admin CP directory. Use this to reset the cookie domain and path back to the defaults. And then leave your cookie domain and path at the default settings. There is no reason to change these. If you need to specify a unique cookie, use the cookie prefix setting in config.php instead.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

are you sure this will not affect my other forum runningon the same server - it's path name is / and the cookie name .forumname.com

I just want to make sure because this website is very active and is running great and I don't want to mess it up.

thanks in advance...

- jeff

Comment

It won't affect any other sites. How could it? Just create a unique cookie prefix for this forum.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

thanks - that worked... I didn't infer to second guess your technical expertise but I wanted to insure I would not break anything on the production VB running on the sites that has hundreds of users on-line at any one time.

- jeff

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X