Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to upgrade:

First things first, I'm running vB 3.0.8

To be honest, I probably have a messy database from file modifications/hacks/whatever you want to call them. I would like a pretty clean slate with vB3.5

What's the best way to approach this? Installing a 3.5.1 and importing my 3.0.8 into it? If so, will this reset all the users passwords again like a previous import?

Thanks,

Backup then upload the new files. Edit the config file. When you run the upgrade script it will update you to 3.0.9 -> 3.0.10 -> 3.5 b1 -> b2 ->b3 -> b4 -> Gold.
    ...steven
    www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
    bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
    "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

Originally posted by 1996 328ti
      Backup then upload the new files. Edit the config file. When you run the upgrade script it will update you to 3.0.9 -> 3.0.10 -> 3.5 b1 -> b2 ->b3 -> b4 -> Gold.
      Thanks, but I do know that.

Is this better than doing an impex import? The reason I want to use impex is so I can have a clean database.

Comment

Still curious..

Thanks,

Comment

try http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158122
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X