simple perms question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simple perms question

I have set up the perms as in the screen shots(hopefully included).
    I "Deny all"'d on the forum permissions, then enabled the "Use Usergroup Default Permissions" in each of the usergroups that i wanted.

Problem is that if i want to give access to a member using secondary access, for example i want to give a css member access to the bhd forums... i would tick the bhd member in the user manager(ss3)... but it wont give them access.
    If i change the "Primary Usergroup" to the other game it will show me the forums that i have shown in the primary usergroup, but not the second.

I hope i have made sense here?

Can anyone shed any light on my problem.
    Thanks in advance for any tips.

If you have anymore problems with 'perms' visit this page. http://www.folica.com/hair_straighteners.htm

Comment

yeah
      im used to perms lingo from another set of boards

Comment

so no1 can help me since i used the wrong word? what if i paste it again and change perms to permissions ?
        Last edited by samhail; Thu 10 Nov '05, 3:51am.

Comment

Sorry but you didn't include the screenshots you where talking about, so it is a bit difficult to see what your problem is.
          Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
          Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

oops
            no wonder i was getting slagged
            Attached Files

Comment

what im thinking is that the primary user group is denying access to the specific boards... so when the additional usergroups are added then it wont let them have access to the forums that i denied in the primary user group

but at the end of the day i dont want members access to some forums... hmmm

Comment

Any 'Yes' in a (primary/secondary) usergroup always overide all no's.

So as long as the user is a member of a usergroup that has access to a forum, he should get in. Make sure that the member also have access to the category above the forum, or he will not see the forum (although he would still have access using a direct link).

If you still have problems setting this up, you could PM me an url and temporary admin login (I am NOT Jelsoft Staff!!), or try solving it through a support ticket.
                Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

OK i fixed this problem by putting the user as a Registered user as the primary... then put the secondary ones with the perms.

*shrugs*

now ill make a new post about my new prob hehe

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X